Math 410-01 Applied Linear Algebra, Fall 2016
Instructor: Chi-Kwong Li
Meeting Time and Place
Wed. 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Jones 131
Office: Jones 128, Tel: 221-2042.
We will described some current research linear algebra problems arising from applications.
Participants are required to summarize the topics in each meeting, and
may present problems of their interest.
Here are some basic references.
- Handbook on Linear Algebra.
- Introduction of Quantum Computing.
- Other material on web or from reserach papers.
Other learning experience and possible otucomes
- Students will learn Matlab, Maple to do computer experiments.
- Substantial results may lead to writing projection Math 300,
or research papers submitted to research journals.
Interested students may continue the research in the summer
under the support of NSF grant (US citizens or permanent
residents), or other research grants offered by the Charles Center.
- Attend and participate in class discussion. 40%
- Write a short summary, search reference, and add comments after class. 40%
- Do a presentation relating matrix theory and other subjects. 20%