Quantum Information Science Study/Research Group
Co-ordinator: Chi-Kwong Li
Zoom Meeting time: Tuesday 9:30-10:50, and a tutorial, possibly on Thursday 9:30 a.m.
We will introduce the basic mathematical background, and study problems in quantum information sciences.
Participants take turns to do presentations on different chapters of the reference books
and other ressearch papers. research problems are:
Office: Jones 128, Tel: 221-2042
- Construction and realization of special quantum channels,
- Construction and realization of special quantum states,
- Determine good creteria for separability for multi-partite states,
- Study state descrimination problems involving more than 2 given states,
- Develop quantum error correction schemes,
- Implementation of quantum alorithms using the IBM quantum computers.
- Nielsen and Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information Science, Cambridge.
- Nakahara and Ohmi, Quantum Computing. From Linear Algegra to Physical relizations, CRC
- The Functional Analysis of Quantum Information Theory
a collection of notes based on lectures
by Gilles Pisier, K. R. Parthasarathy, Vern Paulsen and Andreas Winter.
- Watrous, The Theory of Quantum Information, Cambridge.