Chi-Kwong Li Ferguson Professor
Department of Mathematics,
College of William and Mary,
Room 128, Jones Hall,
P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187-8795, USA
Tel: (757) 221-2042, Fax: (757)
221-7400, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
From here, you can go to:
| Research | Professional Service | My pictures | Other
Interesting Websites ]
[ Degrees and Academic Positions
| Awards and Special Lectures | VITAE in W&M format ]
updated: January, 2015.
- Current Editorial Positions:
- International Linear Algebra Society.
president (March 2007 - Feb. 2013), and serving on the board of directors and various
committees since 1990.
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, and various research journals.
- Organization of the workshop series on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii.
[2016 Worskhop, time and plcae to be determined.]
[ 2014, Sanya, July 28 - August 1. ]
[ 2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, July 9-12. ]
[2010, Krakow, Poland ]
[2008, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA ]
[2006, Bremen, Germany ]
[2004, Coimbra, Portugal]
[2002, Auburn-Alabama, USA] [2000, Naflio, Greece] [1998, Madison-Wisconsin, USA]
[1996, Sapparo, Japan] [1994, Coimbra, Portugal]
[1992, Williamsburg-Virginia, USA]
- Organization of workshop series on Matrices and Operators (MAO)
2015 workshop in Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an, July 19-21, 2015.]
[2014, Hainan Normal University, Haikou,
[2013, Beijing Normal
Harbin Engineering University, Harbin ]
[2011, EUSTC, Chengdu]
[2010, Taiyuan University of Technology,
[2009, National Sun
Yat-sen University, Kaoshiong]
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong]
[2007b, University of Hong Kong, Hong
Kong] [2007a, University of Hong
Kong, Hong Kong]
- Organization of other workshops:
2015 WORKSHOP on MATRIX INEQUALITIES AND MATRIX EQUATIONS,
Shanghai University, June 28-30, 2015.
- Organization of mini-symposia:
- Minisymposium on Quantum
Information and Computing
19th Conference of the
International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS), Seoul, South Korea, August 6-9, 2014.
- Minisymposium on preserver problems,
Canadian Mathematical Society Summer Meeting, Winnipeg, June 6-9, 2014.
- Minisymposium in
International Linear Algebra Society Conference, Providence, June
- Organization of Summer Research Workshops on Quantum Information Science
Degrees and Academic Positions:
- B.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1986). University of Hong
- Current positions
- Previous positions
College of William and Mary. Chair of the mathematics department, 2002-2007.
- Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor of Mathematics, 2011 Fulbright
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics, Taiyuan University of Technology, 2009 -
- Heilongjiang University
Honorary Professor, September 2004 - June 2007.
- University of Toronto.
Visiting Professor, August 1998 - July 1999.
Visiting Associate Professor, August 1992 - May 1993.
Visiting Assist. Professor, Spring of 1991.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Van Vleck Assistant Professor, August 1986 - July 1988
Awards and Special Lectures:
- Special lectures and lecture series.
- 2014 Lecture
series in quantum information science, Shanghai University, January.
- 2012 Public lecture on Quantum
computing to Hong Kong high school students and teachers
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Summer School on Quantum
Information Science, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
- 2011 Lecture series on quantum
computing at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan, December.
- 2010 Summer School on Diversities in
Quantum Computation/Information, KInki University, Japan, August 1 - 5, 2010.
- 2009-2010 Y.C. Wong Visiting Lectureship,
University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 IMA PI Summer Program
for Graduate Students: Linear Algebra and Applications, Iowa State University.
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra Lecture, 2005 International Linear Algebra Society
- ILAS speaker, 2001 Canadian Mathematical Society Conference,
- Taussky-Todd Lecture, 1999 International Linear Algebra Society Conference,
Other Interesting Web Sites: