Chi-Kwong Li ()
Ferguson Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics,
College of William and Mary,
Room 128, Jones Hall, P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187-8795, USA
Tel: (757) 221-2042, Fax: (757) 221-7400,
From here, you can go to:
Research | Professional Service |
My pictures |
Other Interesting Websites ]
[ Degrees and Academic Positions
| Awards and Special Lectures |
VITAE in W&M format ]
Last updated: June, 2015.
- Current Editorial Positions:
- International Linear Algebra Society.
president (March 2007 - Feb. 2013), and serving on the board of directors and various
committees since 1990.
- Co-Director, the
International Research Center for Tensor
and Matrix Theory, Shanghai University in China.
Co-director (June, 2016 - present).
Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC), Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea.
Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) member (July, 2016 - present).
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, and various research journals.
- Organization of the workshop series on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii.
2016 Worskhop, Soochow University, Taiwan, June 28-30.]
[2014, Sanya, July 28 - August 1. ]
[2012, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, July 9-12. ]
[2010, Krakow, Poland ]
[2008, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA ]
[2006, Bremen, Germany ]
[2004, Coimbra, Portugal]
[2002, Auburn-Alabama, USA] [2000, Naflio, Greece] [1998, Madison-Wisconsin, USA]
[1996, Sapparo, Japan] [1994, Coimbra, Portugal]
[1992, Williamsburg-Virginia, USA]
- Organization of workshop series on Matrices and Operators (MAO)
workshop at Hunan University, Changsha, June9-12,2017.],
workshop at Jeju National University, Korea, July 3-7, 2016],
workshop in Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an, July 19-21, 2015.]
[2014, Hainan Normal University, Haikou,
[2013, Beijing Normal
Harbin Engineering University, Harbin ]
[2011, EUSTC, Chengdu]
[2010, Taiyuan University of Technology,
[2009, National Sun
Yat-sen University, Kaoshiong]
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong]
[2007a, University of Hong Kong, Hong
Kong] [2007b, University of Hong
Kong, Hong Kong]
- Joint meetings of the
"International Research Center for Tensor and Matrix Theory (IRCTM)", Shanghai University, China,
"Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC)", Sungkyunkwan University,South Korea.
2016 Winter Meeting
Shanghai University, December 28-31, 2016.]
- Organization of workshop series on Matrix Inequalities and Matrix Equations (MIME)
Shanghai University, June 8-10, 2016.
Shanghai University, June 28-30, 2015.
- Organization of workshops and mini-symposia on Quantum Information Science
- Tsinghua Sanya International
Mathematics Forum, July 13-17, 2015
Summer workshop at Shanghai University, June 2015.
- Summer workshops and summer school at Taiyuan [ [2013| 2012| 2011].
Minisymposium on Quantum
Information and Computing at International Linear Algebra Soceity (ILAS) Conferences.
[Ames, Iowa, July 24-28, 2017]
[Lueven, Begium, July 11-15, 2016]
Seoul, South Korea, August 6-9, 2014 ]
Providence, June 3-7, 2013. ]
- Organization of other workshops and mini-symposia:
Degrees and Academic Positions:
- B.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1986). University of Hong
- Current positions
- Previous positions
College of William and Mary. Chair of the mathematics department, 2002-2007.
- Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor of Mathematics, 2011 Fulbright
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics, Taiyuan University of Technology, 2009 -
- Heilongjiang University
Honorary Professor, September 2004 - June 2007.
- University of Toronto.
Visiting Professor, August 1998 - July 1999.
Visiting Associate Professor, August 1992 - May 1993.
Visiting Assist. Professor, Spring of 1991.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Van Vleck Assistant Professor, August 1986 - July 1988
Awards and Special Lectures:
- Special lectures and lecture series.
- 2014 Lecture
series in quantum information science, Shanghai University, January.
- 2012 Public lecture on Quantum
computing to Hong Kong high school students and teachers
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Summer School on Quantum
Information Science, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
- 2011 Lecture series on quantum
computing at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan, December.
- 2010 Summer School on Diversities in
Quantum Computation/Information, KInki University, Japan, August 1 - 5, 2010.
- 2009-2010 Y.C. Wong Visiting Lectureship,
University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 IMA PI Summer Program
for Graduate Students: Linear Algebra and Applications, Iowa State University.
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra Lecture, 2005 International Linear Algebra Society
- ILAS speaker, 2001 Canadian Mathematical Society Conference,
- Taussky-Todd Lecture, 1999 International Linear Algebra Society Conference,
Other Interesting Web Sites: