Chi-Kwong Li ()
Ferguson Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics ,
College of William and Mary,
Room 128, Jones Hall, P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187-8795, USA
Tel: (757) 221-2042, Fax: (757) 221-7400,
From here, you can go to:
[ Degrees and Academic Positions
Research | Professional Service |
My pictures ]
[ Awards and Special Lectures |
VITAE in W&M format |
Other Interesting Websites ]
Last updated: January, 2017.
Degrees and Academic Positions:
- B.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1986).
University of Hong Kong.
- Current positions
- Previous positions
- The College of William and Mary. Chair of the mathematics department, 2002-2007.
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics, University of Hong Kong.,
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor of Mathematics, 2011 Fulbright
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics,
Taiyuan University of Technology, 2009 -2013.
- Heilongjiang University
Honorary Professor, September 2004 - June 2007.
- University of Toronto.
Visiting Professor, August 1998 - July 1999.
Visiting Associate Professor, August 1992 - May 1993.
Visiting Assist. Professor, Spring of 1991.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Van Vleck Assistant Professor, August 1986 - July 1988
Reading Courses and Class
EXTREEMS-QED - Expeditions in Training, Research, and Education for Mathematics and
Statistics through Quantitative Explorations of Data at William and Mary.
- Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. On leave.
- General areas:
Matrix theory, operator theory, combinatorial theory,
quantum information science,
mathematical biology, mathematical education.
- Specific topics:
- Research Papers and Preprints.
[ at William and Mary site|
- Citation Statistics
- Edited volumes and Chapters
- Computer Programs developed by Li
- For plotting different generalized numerical ranges.
- Used in
``Curtis, Drew, Li, and Pragel,
Central Groupoids, Central Digraphs, and Zero-One Matrices $A$ Satisfying $A^2 = J$,
J. Combinatorial Theory,
Series A, 105 (2004), 35-50.''
- Used in
``Li and Pelejo, Decomposition of quantum gates, Int. J. Quantum Inform. 12, 1450002 (2014).''
- Used in
``Huang, Li, Li, Sze, Factorization of Permutations, Electronic J. Linear Algebra (2015), 286-303.''
- Used in
``Li, Pelejo and Wang, Product of two positive contractions
Linear Algebra Appl. 501 (2016), 409-423.''
- Used in the study of
``Combinatorial Aspect of the Combinatorial Game Mahjong'' by Cheng, Li, Li.
- Lecture notes on Numerical Range
Lecture notes of the 2008 IMA Summer School on matrix inequalities.
- Current Editorial Positions:
- International Linear Algebra Society.
Current positon - Chair of the Advising Committee.
Vice president (March 2007 - Feb. 2013);
served on the board of directors and various
- Co-Director, the
International Research Center for Tensor
and Matrix Theory, Shanghai University in China. (June, 2016 - present).
Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC), Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea.
Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) member (July, 2016 - present).
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, and various research journals.
- Orangization of workshops, meetings, mini-symposia, etc.
Biennial workshop series on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii (since 1992).
Annual workshop series on Matrices and Operators (since 2007).
- Annual workshop series on Matrix Inequalities and Matrix Equations (MIME) at Shanghai University
June 8-10, 2018. ]
June 6-8, 2017. ]
June 8-10, 2016.]
June 28-30, 2015.]
- International Conference on Matrix Theory with Applications
- Joint meetings of the
"International Research Center for Tensor and Matrix Theory (IRCTM)", Shanghai University, China,
"Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC)", Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea.
Shanghai University, December 17-20, 2018.]
Sungkyunkwan University - Suwon, December 14-17, 2017.]
Shanghai University, December 28-31, 2016.]
- Workshops on Quantum Information Science
[ Tsinghua Sanya International
Mathematics Forum, July 13-17, 2015.]
Summer workshop at Shanghai University, June 2015.]
[Summer workshops and summer school at Taiyuan: 2013;
Minisymposium on Quantum
Information and Computing at International Linear Algebra Soceity (ILAS) Conferences.
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, July 24-28, 2017. ]
[Lueven, Belgium, July 11-15, 2016]
Seoul, South Korea, August 6-9, 2014 ]
Providence, June 3-7, 2013. ]
2017 workshop on Matrix/Operator Theory and Their Applications (MOTA),
Sungkyunkwan University, May 20 - June 2, 2017.
- Minisymposium on preserver problems
at the Canadian Mathematical Society Summer Meeting, Winnipeg, June 6-9, 2014.
- Upcoming Meetings.
2018 China-Korea International Conference on Matrix Theory and Application
(ICMTA 2018), Shanghai University, Dec. 17-20.
- SKKU-SHU-GA Tech conference, Jeju Island, May 23-27, 2019.
- Workshop on Matrix Equaltions and Matrix Inequalities (MIME), June 7-9, 2019.
Special workshop on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii, Toyo University, June 21-24, 2019.
- ILAS Conference, Rio, July 8-12, 2019.
International Conference on Matrix Analysis and Application, Reno, July 15-18, 2019.
(Not an organizer.)
Workshop on Matrices and Operators (MAO), Chern's Institute of Mathematics, Nankai University,
July 23-27, 2019.
Awards and Special Lectures:
- Special lectures and lecture series.
- 2017 Lecture series in quantum information science, Baptist University, December.
- 2014 Lecture series in quantum information science, Shanghai University, January.
- 2012 Public lecture on Quantum
computing to Hong Kong high school students and teachers
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Summer School on Quantum
Information Science, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
- 2011 Lecture series on quantum computing at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan, December.
- 2010 Summer School on Diversities in
Quantum Computation/Information, Kinki University, Japan, August 1 - 5, 2010.
- 2009-2010 Y.C. Wong Visiting Lectureship, University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 IMA PI Summer Program
for Graduate Students: Linear Algebra and Applications, Iowa State University.
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra Lecture, 2005 International Linear Algebra Society
- ILAS speaker, 2001 Canadian Mathematical Society Conference,
- Taussky-Todd Lecture, 1999 International Linear Algebra Society Conference,
Other Interesting Web Sites: