Chi-Kwong Li ()
Ferguson Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics ,
College of William and Mary,
Room 128, Jones Hall, P.O.Box 8795, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187-8795, USA
Tel: (757) 221-2042, Fax: (757) 221-7400,
From here, you can go to:
[ Degrees and Academic Positions
Research | Professional Service |
My pictures ]
[ Awards and Special Lectures |
VITAE in W&M format |
Other Interesting Websites ]
Last updated: January, 2017.
Degrees and Academic Positions:
- B.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1986).
University of Hong Kong.
- Current positions
- Previous positions
- The College of William and Mary. Chair of the mathematics department, 2002-2007.
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics, University of Hong Kong.,
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Visiting Professor of Mathematics, 2011 Fulbright
- Honorary Professor of Mathematics,
Taiyuan University of Technology, 2009 -2013.
- Heilongjiang University
Honorary Professor, September 2004 - June 2007.
- University of Toronto.
Visiting Professor, August 1998 - July 1999.
Visiting Associate Professor, August 1992 - May 1993.
Visiting Assist. Professor, Spring of 1991.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Van Vleck Assistant Professor, August 1986 - July 1988
- Fall 2019:
- Spring 2019:
- Fall 2018:
Reading Courses and Class
EXTREEMS-QED - Expeditions in Training, Research, and Education for Mathematics and
Statistics through Quantitative Explorations of Data at William and Mary.
- Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. On leave.
- General areas:
Matrix theory, operator theory, combinatorial theory,
quantum information science,
mathematical biology, mathematical education.
- Specific topics:
- Research Papers and Preprints.
[ at William and Mary site|
- Citation Statistics
- Edited volumes and Chapters
- Computer Programs developed by Li
- For plotting different generalized numerical ranges.
- Used in
``Curtis, Drew, Li, and Pragel,
Central Groupoids, Central Digraphs, and Zero-One Matrices $A$ Satisfying $A^2 = J$,
J. Combinatorial Theory,
Series A, 105 (2004), 35-50.''
- Used in
``Li and Pelejo, Decomposition of quantum gates, Int. J. Quantum Inform. 12, 1450002 (2014).''
- Used in
``Huang, Li, Li, Sze, Factorization of Permutations, Electronic J. Linear Algebra (2015), 286-303.''
- Used in
``Li, Pelejo and Wang, Product of two positive contractions
Linear Algebra Appl. 501 (2016), 409-423.''
- Used in the study of
``Combinatorial Aspect of the Combinatorial Game Mahjong'' by Cheng, Li, Li.
- Lecture notes on Numerical Range
Lecture notes of the 2008 IMA Summer School on matrix inequalities.
- Current Editorial Positions:
- International Linear Algebra Society.
Current positon - Chair of the Advising Committee.
Vice president (March 2007 - Feb. 2013);
served on the board of directors and various
- Co-Director, the
International Research Center for Tensor
and Matrix Theory, Shanghai University in China. (June, 2016 - present).
Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC), Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea.
Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) member (July, 2016 - present).
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, and various research journals.
- Orangization of workshops, meetings, mini-symposia, etc.
Biennial workshop series on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii (since 1992).
Annual workshop series on Matrices and Operators (since 2007).
- Annual workshop series on Matrix Inequalities and Matrix Equations
(MIME) at Shanghai University
[ June 7-10, 2019 ]
June 8-10, 2018. ]
June 6-8, 2017. ]
June 8-10, 2016.]
June 28-30, 2015.]
International Conference on Matrix Theory with Applications
- Joint meetings of the
"International Research Center for Tensor and Matrix Theory (IRCTM)", Shanghai University, China,
"Applied Algebra and Optimization Research Center (AORC)", Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea.
[ Jeju University, May 23-27, 2019. ]
[Shanghai University, December 17-20, 2018.]
[ Sungkyunkwan University
- Suwon, December 14-17, 2017.]
Shanghai University, December 28-31, 2016.]
- Workshops on Quantum Information Science
[ Tsinghua Sanya International
Mathematics Forum, July 13-17, 2015.]
Summer workshop at Shanghai University, June 2015.]
[Summer workshops and summer school at Taiyuan: 2013;
Minisymposium on Quantum
Information and Computing at International Linear Algebra Soceity (ILAS) Conferences.
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, July 24-28, 2017. ]
[Lueven, Belgium, July 11-15, 2016]
Seoul, South Korea, August 6-9, 2014 ]
Providence, June 3-7, 2013. ]
2017 workshop on Matrix/Operator Theory and Their Applications (MOTA),
Sungkyunkwan University, May 20 - June 2, 2017.
- Minisymposium on preserver problems
at the Canadian Mathematical Society Summer Meeting, Winnipeg, June 6-9, 2014.
- Upcoming Meetings.
Workshop on Matrices and Operators (MAO), Linyi University,
May 22-26, 2020.
Workshop on Numerical Ranges and Numerical Radii
and International Conference in Matrix Analysis and Its Applications ,
Hotel Termas Da Curia and University of Aveiro, June 14-19, 2020.
- ILAS Conference, Ireland , June 22-26, 2020.
2020 International Conference on Matrix Theory and Applications:
Combinatorics, Optimization, Data Analysis, a joint confrerence of AORC-IRCTMT-IDEaS,
Tsinghua Sanya International Mathematical Forum., Dec. 11-14, 2020.
Awards and Special Lectures:
- Special lectures and lecture series.
- 2017 Lecture series in quantum information science, Baptist University, December.
- 2014 Lecture series in quantum information science, Shanghai University, January.
- 2012 Public lecture on Quantum
computing to Hong Kong high school students and teachers
- 2011, 2012, 2013 Summer School on Quantum
Information Science, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China.
- 2011 Lecture series on quantum computing at the Academia Sinica, Taiwan, December.
- 2010 Summer School on Diversities in
Quantum Computation/Information, Kinki University, Japan, August 1 - 5, 2010.
- 2009-2010 Y.C. Wong Visiting Lectureship, University of Hong Kong.
- 2008 IMA PI Summer Program
for Graduate Students: Linear Algebra and Applications, Iowa State University.
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra Lecture, 2005 International Linear Algebra Society
- ILAS speaker, 2001 Canadian Mathematical Society Conference,
- Taussky-Todd Lecture, 1999 International Linear Algebra Society Conference,
Other Interesting Web Sites: